Most of the play takes place at a baseball game or in a public library. Therefore, casual, school-appropriate clothing will suit most characters. See below for instructions on how you should dress. We will try to pull whatever we can from the costume shop, but we won't have everything we need. Therefore, if you have any of the things needed for your character (or others), please bring them in. That will make dressing you so much easier. DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY THINGS. THERE IS NO EXPECTATION THAT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY WILL INCUR COST FOR COSTUMES. IF YOU HAVE IT, BRING IT. IF NOT, WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT.
• Members of Mudville Medicinals: Red or white shirt T-shirt, jeans, sneakers IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE. If you have a red ball cap, you can wear it. If you have baseball pants, you can wear those. Anything sporty or baseball-y in the team colors of red and white is acceptable (no prominent sports team logos, though).
• Puppeteers: all black (black shirt, black pants)
• Casey's sisters: Kitty in a little-girl dress, knee socks (we have some choices in the costume shop). Pigtails. Amy in "teenager" clothes -- PCDS dress-code appropriate.
• Spectators at baseball game: casual, school-appropriate clothing is fine. Don't choose clothes with lots of writing/words/complicated logos or patterns. Keep it simple. Solid colors are best.
• Opposing team (Drew and Brooke and anyone on the other team): Blue or white shirt, jeans, sneakers. See above for Mudville team, just think BLUE instead of RED. If you have baseball pants or other baseball-y stuff, you can wear it.
• Kids in library (non-time-travel): casual, school-appropriate clothing. Simple, solid colors best. Something comfortable to move in.
• Mrs. Oakley's ghost: skirt and blouse. white, black or gray--something subdued and grown-up (think "field trip dress code"). Or a simple dress. Hair in a bun. Glasses if we can find em (in the costume shop, or if you have some).
• kids from 80s (here's where it gets tricky: IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEON, BRING IT. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS 80S, BRING IT IN. WE'RE PUTTING YOUR HAIR IN SIDE-PONYTAILS.
• Parents no longer puppets: dress "field trip" appropriate--you want to distinguish yourself from the kids at the baseball game. Girls in skirt and blouse, boys in slacks and shirt. Tie would be great.
We'll go over all of this on Monday. Remember, Monday is our pizza party (rehearsal will end at the scheduled time) and we will be making some props/posters at that time as well.
We're getting close, kids! I hope you're excited.
However, we do have a few special costume needs. If you have and can bring in any of the following items, please do so on Monday. All items used in the show will be returned in the same condition. We will all care for our props and costumes.