Search PCDS Resources

Middle School News & Information

The School Day

Monday - Thursday: 7:50 am - 3:00 pm
   Friday: 7:50 am - 2:05 pm

Office Hours

Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
   Friday: 7:00 am - 2:30 pm
   The office will be closed for lunch each day.
   Direct Phone Line: 602.381.4522

Resources

Middle School Forms & Documents

5th / 6th / 7th / 8th

Middle School Calendar

All-School Calendar

Middle School Athletics

Lunch Menus

Middle School Announcements RSS Feed
Middle School Parking for drop-off and pick-up
9/7/2017

Dear Middle School Parents,

I greatly appreciate your patience with our adjusted parking situation in the Stanford Drive parking lot.  Arrival and dismissal have improved significantly in the past two weeks.  However, we continue to have an issue with some middle school parents parking in the east side of the lot - adjacent to the pre-kindergarten wing.  These parking spots are reserved for the pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade families.  Please do not park in these spots.  I would encourage you to use the center parking spaces, as well as any parking spaces on the west side of the church, if you need to park and come on-campus to pick-up your child.

Thank you for all your help.

Ben Sullivan
Head of Middle School

Middle School Course Syllabi 2017 - 2018
8/28/2017

Please visit the grade level forms and documents site for their course syllabi. 

5th Grade

6th Grade

7th Grade

8th Grade

Dress Code
8/25/2017

Please note the following changes to the Middle School dress code. The second item (2.) has been changed to read, "Dresses and skirts must reach the ends of the fingertips, as the arms are straight at the side, when standing upright. Shorts must reach the end of the fists, as the arms are straight at the side, when standing upright".  Note the change in the length of shorts. The fifth item (5.) listed now reads, "T-shirts, blouses, and shirts must have a collar or sleeves". Dresses have been removed from this requirement. Also, the tenth item (10.) has been eliminated; colored/dyed hair will be allowed. These changes came about after many parent, faculty, and student discussions. We appreciate your help and understanding.

Middle School supply lists for 2017 - 2018
6/28/2017

Please see the grades below for the supply lists:

5th grade

6th grade

7th grade

8th grade

Middle School Lost and Found
6/1/2017

We have many jackets, sweatshirts, etc. in our lost and found bins.  The bins are located in the Middle School Office.  If items in our lost and found are not picked up by the end of the school year, they will be donated to a charity.

Tardies
5/18/2017

Dear Parents,

We have had a surge in tardiness over the past couple weeks.  Students are arriving to school late, missing important information, and causing a distraction to other students (and teachers) when they enter classrooms part-way through the instruction.

I know everyone is looking forward to summer break.  But, we still have two weeks of classes remaining and I want to end the year on a positive note for all students.  Please ensure that your student arrives to school - and is ready to learn -  by 7:50 am.  If there is a situation or circumstance that prevents you from bringing your student on-time, please let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Thank you for your help.

Ben Sullivan
Head of Middle School

Middle School Texting, Messaging and the Health Center
2/1/2017

Dear Parents,

I am writing to ask for your assistance.  Our policy is that students can bring their cell phones to school, but that the device must remain off and in the locker during the school day.  It cannot be used during the hours of 7:50 am to 3:00 pm.  Since we returned from the holiday break, I have seen a surge in students violating this policy.  This has played out in two ways.  First, students are surreptitiously texting at their lockers.  Teachers observe this behavior and then confiscate the phone, which is then brought to me.  Second, students are calling their parents from the bathroom telling them that they are not feeling well and that they need to go home.  Please discourage your students from engaging in these behaviors.  I understand the constant draw of having to check the phone for texts, social media posts, etc.  I certainly experience it myself.  That said, middle school aged students simply do not have the impulse control to fully regulate their attention spans.  We need their focus to be on learning and instruction during the school day, free from the distractions of texting and posting.  If a student is ill, they need to tell a teacher and then go directly to the health center.  The nurses will perform an assessment and determine whether the student should go home. 

If you have questions regarding our policy, do not hesitate to contact me.  I appreciate all your help and support.

Ben Sullivan
Head of Middle School

Middle School after school pick-up.
9/15/2015

No middle school students may be picked up from the small parking lot in front of the upper school office or from the sidewalks on 40th Street.  Pick-up from these locations is unsafe and you may be ticketed by police who are closely monitoring dismissal.   All Middle School students are to be picked up in front of the Administration Building on Stanford at the regular dismissal times.

Student absence procedures
1/22/2015

Please visit the absence procedures page.

Extended Day
8/4/2014

Please click here for the Extended Day form.

Visitors to Campus
8/30/2013

For the safety of our students, faculty, and staff, we are requiring all visitors to campus, including parents, to sign in and sign out when they arrive and leave campus. Visitors to the Middle School must sign in and sign out at the main Administration office. This is imperative in order to ensure correct accounting of a person's whereabouts on campus in the event of a drill or emergency. All visitors must wear visitor identification throughout their time on campus. While we understand that these steps require additional effort on behalf of our visitors, they are essential to the safety and accountability of our campus community.