Middle School Library
Works Cited Guidelines
Final Works Cited should be double spaced between each citation. Begin each citation at the left margin; indent the remaining lines. Download the document below for specific examples.
Hints for Printed Material
- Use the information found on title page. If additional information is required (date, place of publication), turn to the verso of the title page (back side).
- Put the author’s last name first, then first name.
- For two or more authors, reverse only first author’s first & last names.
- If no author is found on title page, begin with title.
- Use the first place if there is a list of places.
- Use the most recent date if there is more than one.