What to do if your child is sick and can not go to school:
- Call the Middle School office at 602-381-4522 before 9:00 a.m. or send an email to the Middle School Administrative Assistant, Jackie.Lee@pcds.org. Jackie will inform the teachers of the absence.
What to do if you need to pick your child up during the school day:
- Send your child with a note to the Middle School office, first thing in the morning. The office needs to be informed if your child needs to leave during the day. It is very important that we know when your child is leaving.
- Your child needs to sign out in the Middle School office.
- If your child does not have a note, the parent must sign her/him out in the Middle School office. We can not release your child without parent authorization.
What to do if your child is late to school because of an appointment, illness, traffic, etc:
- Your child must sign in at the Middle School office.
What to do if you are going out of town:
- Let the Middle School office know by email, phone, or note the dates your child will not be attending school.
- Extended absences must be approved by the Head of the Middle School.
- Have your child pick up a homework sheet from the Middle School office for the teachers to fill out for the date(s) your child is absent
When your child should return after a medical absence:
Following the County Rules, the nurse recommends the following procedures:
- A child with a temperature of 100 or higher should not attend school for 24 hours after the temperature has returned to normal.
- A child who is vomiting should not attend school until 24 hours after the last episode.
- A child with diarrhea should not attend school for 24 hours after the last episode.
- A child with a sore throat should be checked by your physician. A child diagnosed with strep throat should not attend school until a minimum of 24 hours has passed after starting antibiotics.