Enrollment • 2017-18
Please read this page carefully, as it contains requirements for attending school in August.
Additional information will be added as it becomes available.
2017-18 School Year Calendar (PDF)
The enrollment/re-enrollment process begins in February with contracts, followed by the submission of required paper and online forms. This page provides the information, and downloadable documents necessary for completing the process. Please note that your student is not enrolled for the 2017-18 school year until the required contract, deposit, health forms, and Information Update are completed.
As we move into the summer, this page expands to become a "back-to-school" page, providing a single location to help prepare for a new school year. Information, including division specific details, summer reading lists, textbook purchasing instructions, and supply lists, will be added as they become available.
Important Enrollment Highlights
- All online forms are completed in the PCDS Portal at pcds.org/portal. Email messages will be sent when forms become available, which will include the family's user ID (one of the family's email addresses). An option is available to reset forgotten passwords.
- Enrollment contracts will be made available (in the PCDS Portal) on or after February 6 and are due soon afterwards.
- NEW: The school has instituted a new policy for those interested in pursuing study abroad. Click here for details.
- NEW: Bus transportation information for next year is available earlier than in past years. Details below.
- The Information Update will be made available (in the PCDS Portal) in early April.
- All enrollment paper and online forms are due May 2 (or as soon as possible for new students admitted after that date).
- Physical exams, required every year for all students, must be scheduled after January 1.
IMPORTANT: Any student planning to play an Upper School sport must have their physical exam scheduled after March 1, per AIA rules.
- If your child has special medical needs, please contact the PCDS Heath Center at ext. 2231.
- Enrollment contracts will be available online on or after February 6 and are due soon after they are issued.
- Contracts and deposits must be submitted in order to reserve your child(ren)’s space(s).
- Please remember that PCDS remains committed to its families during difficult financial times. If you have concerns about affordability next year, please contact Kristie Berg, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com or ext. 2228 to discuss your family’s needs. Financial aid conversations are confidential.
Bus Transportation an option for grades 1-12
Phoenix Country Day School endeavors to provide bus transportation to neighborhoods of families, depending upon the geographical location of the student’s residence and the availability of space. (Service is not available for Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten students.) We are currently gauging interest for new ridership for the next school year. Visit Transportation for details; email Sarah Aguirre if you’d like to be added to an interest list for next year.
The Information Update and Other Required Forms
ALL students must have the following required information on file in the Admissions Office by May 2. We ask that families, whose students enrolled after these dates, submit the information as soon as possible.
- Information Update
Each year we ask that required biographical, medical, and emergency contact information be provided/updated through the PCDS Portal. Forms are posted in early April or, after that, once Enrollment Contracts have been submitted.
Questions? Contact Eric Neufer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-955-8200 x 2234.
- Physical Examination (care provider signature required)
All new and returning students to PCDS are required to have a physical exam each year performed after January 1 (after March 1 for Upper School athletes). All new students and students entering kindergarten and grade 6, are also required to attach a current immunization record, signed by the care provider. It is helpful, as well, for us to have updated immunization records for students entering other grades who have received an immunization over the past year.
Download 2017-18 PCDS Physical Examination Form
Before you submit any health form, please verify that it has been completely filled out and signed and dated by your care provider. PCDS cannot accept incomplete forms.
Completed health forms can be mailed to the school (attention: Health Center), dropped off at the Health Center or main administrative office, faxed to 602-381-5459, or emailed as PDF documents to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Mikenna Mack in the Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-955-8200 x 2231.
NEW students for the 2017-18 school year must also submit the following:
All incoming UPPER SCHOOL students (grades 9-12) who intend to participate in ATHLETICS must also complete the following:
For more information regarding immunizations: