Middle & Upper School
Upper and Middle School Textbooks
Textbooks for 2016-17 are now available for purchase.
- UPDATE (8/5/16): Books for Upper School 107 English III American Literature are now available from MBS. (For those exploring the purchase of textbooks from other sources, ISBN numbers may be obtained on the MBS site by viewing books' details.)
- UPDATE (7/12/16): The book originally listed for Middle School Science 7 (Earth Science) has been removed. There is now no required book for this class.
- The BAND & STRINGS item must be purchased from MBS for all Middle School students as well as those Upper School students enrolled in band and string courses.
PCDS contracts with MBS Direct (http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/PCDS.HTM), one of the largest mail-order textbook suppliers in the country, to provide online access for purchasing textbooks. The company stocks more than 7 million books in its Columbia, Missouri facility and offers a menu of services that will make it more convenient to purchase textbooks.
Here's how it works:
- MBS Direct maintains a current list of our courses and the books for each of those courses.*
- Upper School Fall Semester and Middle School books are available after July 1 for the next school year.
- You may pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- Orders will be shipped within 24 hours
- Textbooks may be sold back to MBS Direct in the Spring through the Campus EZ Drop program for both Middle and Upper Schools.
- Customer service is available at 1.800.325.3252
- Direct any questions that MBS is unable to answer to Joe Boehle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* accessing a list of a Middle and/or Upper School student's 2016-17 courses:
Note: While courses are listed, their scheduling may change during the summer.
- Go to pcds.org/mypcds.
- Log in to the myPCDS website.
(If you do not remember your password or have other questions, visit About Logging In.)
- Along the left, click NetClassroom.
- Parents: If you have more than one child at PCDS, choose from the menu along the left.
- Roll your mouse (without clicking) over the <Name>'s grades menu, and choose Averages.
- Along the left, choose 2016-17 from the Academic Year menu.
While we suggest you use MBS for the ease and convenience of one-stop shopping, we continue to encourage you to look at other textbook providers and resources to ensure that you receive the best prices possible. We have provided the list of Middle and Upper School 2016-17 textbook ISBN numbers for that purpose. If you decide to look elsewhere, we recommend the following procedures to ensure that you purchase the correct textbooks:
Also, please note that a number of resources are digital and some of these, as indicated in the list and on the MBS site, must be purchased from MBS.
PCDS cannot be responsible for any incorrect textbook purchases.