Parents’ Association Volunteer Opportunities
PCDS is a stronger and more vibrant place for our children because of its strong parent involvement. We have many opportunities to get involved, whether you have a little or a lot of time. For more information on all the PA volunteer opportunities, please review the descriptions on the Parents' Association webpage with Volunteer Opportunity Descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering but unable to attend the Back-to-School Kickoff on the first day of school, please contact PA President Molly DeFilippis at email@example.com.
Reasons to Volunteer
- Build School Spirit
- Enrich the PCDS programs that benefit our children
- Set a good example for your children
- Get to know the faculty and staff
- Share a skill
- Learn a new skill
- Make new friends
- Have fun!
Volunteers are fundamental to the success of the school, and volunteering enriches the school experience for PCDS families. Every PCDS parent is a member of the PCDS Parents’ Association. The Association’s purpose is to:
- Better communicate the School’s objectives, plans, and policies to the parents
- Establish another avenue by which parents may communicate their ideas and suggestions to the school on issues of interest to the general school-wide community
- Develop a closer relationship between the School and parents of its students; encourage parents to communicate directly with teachers, Division Heads, and/or Head of School on issues specific to their child’s academic and social successes
- Establish and develop limited fund-raising programs to involve parents in the progress of the School
- Assist parents in their orientation and involvement in the School.
In fulfilling this purpose, the Association sponsors many activities throughout the school year that benefit students, faculty, and parents in every grade. The success of these activities depends on our parent volunteers.
Please note that volunteers are not expected to spend their own money on these activities. Programs are budgeted, and volunteers are reimbursed for their expenses.
One of the best ways to sign up to be a volunteer is to attend the Parents’ Association Back-to-School Kickoff, which is held on the first day of school.
View Volunteer Opportunity Descriptions.