Find out Who's Who in the Parents' Association at P.A. Committees.
For Grade Representative and Volunteer Coordinator contact information,
visit Community Directories.
Contact the Caring Committee at PACaringCommittee@pcds.org.
Contact us at PAinfo@pcds.org.
New for Fall: Book Club Open to All Parents
Beginning in September 2013, the book club (previously for Upper School parents) will be open to all PCDS parents in all divisions. Book club will meet on the first Wednesday of the month at noon from September to May in the Brewster Library Conference Room in the Upper School. The book for the summer is Beautiful Ruins: A Novel by Jess Walter. For questions, or if you would like to volunteer to lead a book club meeting, please contact Nevine Melikian.
About the PCDS Parents' Association
Every PCDS parent is a member of the PCDS Parents’ Association. The Association’s purpose is to:
- Better communicate the School’s objectives, plans and policies to the parents
- Establish another avenue by which parents may communicate their ideas and suggestions to the school on issues of interest to the general school-wide community
- Develop a closer relationship between the School and parents of its students; encourage parents to communicate directly with teachers, Division Heads, and/or Head of School on issues specific to their child’s academic and social successes
- Establish and develop fund-raising programs to permit parents to be involved with the progress of the School
- Assist parents in their orientation and involvement in the School
- Take an active role in the recruitment of qualified students for the School
In fulfilling this purpose, the Association sponsors many activities throughout the school year that benefit students, faculty, and parents in every grade. The success of these activities depends on our parent volunteers.