We have many opportunities to get involved, whether you have a little or a lot of time. Visit the Back to School Kick Off on the first day of school in Burch Hall to sign up. PCDS is a stronger and more vibrant place for our children because of it's strong parent involvement.
For more information, click the links along the right side of this page or download:
Volunteering at a Glance
Volunteer Registration Form
Reasons to Volunteer
- Help bring our school community together
- Enrich the PCDS programs that benefit our children
- Set a good example for your children
- Get to know the faculty and staff
- Share a skill
- Learn a new skill
- Make new friends
- Have fun!
Volunteers are fundamental to the success of the school, and volunteering enriches the school experience for PCDS families. Every PCDS parent is a member of the PCDS Parents’ Association. The Association’s purpose is to:
- Better communicate the School’s objectives, plans, and policies to the parents
- Establish another avenue by which parents may communicate their ideas and suggestions to the school on issues of interest to the general school-wide community
- Develop a closer relationship between the School and parents of its students; encourage parents to communicate directly with teachers, Division Heads, and/or Head of School on issues specific to their child’s academic and social successes
- Establish and develop limited fund-raising programs to involve parents in the progress of the School
- Assist parents in their orientation and involvement in the School.
In fulfilling this purpose, the Association sponsors many activities throughout the school year that benefit students, faculty, and parents in every grade. The success of these activities depends on our parent volunteers.
Please note that volunteers are not expected to spend their own money on these activities. Programs are budgeted, and volunteers are reimbursed for their expenses.
One of the best ways to sign up to be a volunteer is to attend the Parents’ Association Back-to-School Kickoff, which is held on the first day of school.